Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Time Pause

Random Hearts- Guest Heart Thursday- April 12, 2012



Backyard Garden, Blacksburg, VA, April 11, 2012



Laying in the dirt
to catch the last of the evening light
My dog snuggles close -
 her head resting on my foot.


I type this on my three year old laptop. Duct tape holds the connection cord into the computer. It has lost its sheen, where my base of my palm rests on the keyboard. There is a folder, named 2012 Hoover.  This years, non-client photos, live there. All 1,567 of them.(And yes they are backed up on two external hard drives, and copied onto CD's-) Each photo, a pausing to see.  I pause a lot.  It has been such a lovely beginning of 2012.


11 comments:

Clytie said...

It's beautiful, Teri - I love bleeding hearts.

I had to smile at your description of your laptop. My daughter just borrowed my computer (it's the only hooked up to a scanner), and could hardly type because most of the letters are worn off of the keyboard. Smile :=}

I hope you have a beautiful weekend, full of hearts and flowers!

SolariC said...

A beautiful photograph! Also I love the description. My laptop is 3 years old too, and I can't close it anymore for fear of the frame falling apart.

As for dogs keeping us company - aren't they wonderful? My boyfriend's dog likes to rest his head on a foot or a knee or an arm, and it's very comforting to have him there.

Brian Miller said...

ah love the warmth in your verse...the connection with the dog...it is comforting....very nice....smiles on the duct tape...been there...

McGuffy Ann said...

Beautiful blog...wow...
--
McGuffy's Reader
http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

Tina´s PicStory said...

lovely hearts! i´m jumping over from clytie where you presented a wonderful sky heart :)

Beth Niquette said...

LOL I was typing with Toez the Polydactyl Cat nesting between me and the keyboard this morning...as big as she is, it was awfully hard to type.

Have a lovely day! ((hugs))

Reader Wil said...

Your photos are very beautiful and delicate.
Thank you for your visit and kind comment on my post.
Have a great weekend, Teri!

Kristina Maano said...

Lovely pink heart flower, great treat for my eyes as I pause from studying technical stuff for almost the whole day!

Wish you a great week ahead :)

Laura said...

beautiful, beautiful hearts Teri!

Mishla M said...

so sweet when this happens!

Annie - said...

Hi! Thanks so much for following my blog! So Glad you did cuz then I discovered your amazing photos! Looking forward to your next post, Annie

http://anniesdoodlebugz.blogspot.com/